Monday 20 May 2013

Hummingbird heaven

Unfortunately for me I work near a Hummingbird bakery, which means diet ruined!! It’s Monday and my colleague and I decided to bring our Friday treat day forward. As a pick-me-up for the week we decided to get the yummiest cupcakes in the world. I went for the well-known “Red Velvet” which consists of a red vanilla cake with a slight taste of chocolate, topped with the yummiest cream cheese frosting.  

Humming Bird Cupcakes from £2.00

Red Velvet & Black bottom cupcake

My colleague decided on the “Black bottom cupcake” which consists of a decadent, dark and dense chocolate sponge, baked with a mouthwatering cheesecake centre  and topped with cream cheese frosting (blank out the calories ladies).  These little cupcakes taste divine - that first bite when the icing grazes your nose and the sponge just crumbles and melts in your mouth is unbelievable.

For those of you that have yet to taste these little drops from heaven it is a CRIME!! In London Hummingbird have quite a few bakeries dotted around so you should definitely check out the website to visit you nearest bakery asap!!!....the diet can always start next week or never.

2 comments: